When you are ready to cook in the kitchen, have an adult help you make some safety rules. Here is a list to help you get started.
1. Always ask an adult for help in the kitchen. Do not cook without adult supervision.
2. Wipe up spills right away so no one slips or gets shocked.
3. Ask an adult to help you with using knives.
4. Ask an adult to carry heavy things and hot liquids.
5. Lift lids and covers away from your face, so the steam does not hurt you.
6. Be sure to pull back long hair and roll up your sleeves.
7. Put large pans on large burners and small pans on small burners.
8. Turn pot handles to the back of the stove.
9. Ask an adult to help you choose containers for cooking. Metal cannot go in the microwave and plastic cannot go on the stove or in the oven.
10. Always use kitchen gloves when handling hot things. Place hot dishes on a hot pad so they don't burn the counters.